All participants must watch this video before the trip.
We invite you (operator and passenger) to watch this video comfortably at home
before the day of your trip.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Rental and Tours Activities
In order to participate in Craigcat Tours and Boat Rental or Tours Activities at Sebastian Inlet State Park, each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria (EEC):
- Be able to breathe independently without any medical assistive devices.
- Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with the guide and other course participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be capable of understanding and recognizing the hazards inherent in the water activities and be capable of deciding to assume those risks.
- Be able to reach event area alone or with the assistance of a companion who accompanies the participant.
- Be comfortable in the water including: Floating on back independently with a properly fitted PFD (life jacket), turning from face down to face up independently while wearing a properly fitted PFD, and holding breath while under water. We can accommodate a maximum 52” chest circumference with our PFDs or you may bring your own properly fitting PFD.
- Be able to get in and out of a Craigcat Boat independently or with the aid of a companion, following instruction.
- In the event of a capsize, be able to exit a Craigcat Boat independently including getting out from under a capsized watercraft if necessary.
- Be able to control/operate a Craigcat Boat safely on flat water or on moving water after receiving instruction in a “Rules and Safety Video Course”.
- Meet the maximum manufacturer’s weight capacity limits of the range of Craigcat Boat.
Craigcat boat have a capacity of 300lb/person weight limit. This limit is put forward by the manufacturer for safety purposes.
- Be able to effectively alert and warn other of potential or impending dangers such as aggressive animals or other environmental hazards.
- Be able to effectively signal or notify guide or other persons of personal distress, injury or need for assistance.
- Be able to do the preceding warnings and notifications up to a distance of 50 meters and in conditions with limited visibility such as in darkness or inclement weather or with loud background noise, such as high winds or while near waves.
Operator and passenger before leave the dock will must declare and certifie:
- I satisfy the previous essential eligibility criteria (EEC).
- I watched the “Rules and Safety Video” and understood and agree all rules and instruction / information in this video course.
- I understood and agree that if one participant do not respect the rules the tour will be canceled without refund for all participants.
- I have read, understood, and agreed the “Indemnity, Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement”.
- I have no question about the EEC, Rules and Safety Video and the Indemnity, Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement.
- If I want operate (drive) the boat I must at least be 18 years old and I satisfy the Florida Law that requires anyone who was born on or after Jan. 1, 1988 to successfully complete an approved boating safety course before operate (drive) a boat included Craigcat Boat and boats available for rental.
- Passenger must be at least 6 years old and accompanied by an adult (18+) who is a qualified operator to participate in Craigcat tour.